Conference Travel Awards for Faculty
Mellon funding for travel
Under a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, WEST has funding available to support participation in international and domestic conferences for IU Bloomington faculty presenting papers related to West European Studies. WEST will award small grants to support faculty travel to present a research paper at an academic conference. Formal papers are strongly prioritized over participation in roundtable discussions or lecture notes.
Conference papers may further research on any area of West European Studies. These awards will not normally exceed $500 but may range from $100 to $1000.
Deadlines: August 16, October 14 & April 1
Applicants must submit:
- Completed Faculty Award Application
- Documentation of paper acceptance for conference (please indicate if peer reviewed)
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A budget that includes other sources of funds that may be combined with the WEST award
- The paper presented indicating source of funding on the title page under "Acknowledgments" with your request for reimbursement
- priority for funding will be for those who have not received a travel grant from WEST within the past year
- WEST will not pre-pay travel costs
- Please submit application before conference date. WEST will not fund retroactively