Indiana University Bloomington


Across the Pond blog


Minor in European Studies

Options and requirements
Brandenburg Gate

Requirements for minor in European Studies

(For students entering Indiana University during or after Summer 2012, please click here.)

Students must complete the following:

  1. W301/ POLS Y335 West European Politics OR POLS Y350 Politics of the EU
  2. One W405 or cross-listed equivalent (300/400 level course, S&H credit, about W. Europe)
  3. One W406 or cross-listed equivalent (300/400 level course, A&H credit, about W. Europe)
  4. Two additional European content  courses
  5. Four semesters of a European language or equivalent

With the approval of the undergraduate advisor, students may use one approved Topics course (COLL E103 or E104) to fulfill requirement 4 above. A list of current cross-listed courses is available through the advisor. For more information, see the College of Arts and Sciences Bulletin.

To declare a minor in European Studies or European Union Studies, please call (812) 855-4538 or email to set up an appointment with our academic advisor.


For all WEST courses, including cross-listed courses please see the Registrar's Schedule of Classes.

More information on courses.

   West European
Ballantine Hall 542
Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: (812) 855-3280
Fax: (812) 855-7695     Facebook
      Vimeo for WEST videos