Resources, departments and languages
IU offers over 70 modern languages.
Western European languages:
- Icelandic (Independent Study with Rex Sprouse)
- Modern Greek
- Swedish (Independent Study with Gergana May)
- Welsh (Independent Study with Kevin Rottet)
- West European Conversation Hours
For additional language events, including film series, see the WEST IU Events Calendar.
- WEST Film Library
The WEST office houses over 600 feature films and 50 documentaries as well as book titles and periodicals, all covering West European topics. We lend materials to teachers and may be able to acquire additional resources at your request. Browse our online list of library film holdings.
- WEST Language Proficiency Requirement Form
- African Studies Program
- Department of Central Eurasian Studies
- Department of Classical Studies
- Department of Comparative Literature
- Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures
- Department of French and Italian
- Department of Germanic Studies
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Near Eastern Languages and Cultures
- Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
- Department of Spanish and Portuguese
- India Studies Program