Academic Exploration is more than choosing your major; it’s planning to make the most of your undergraduate education at IU Bloomington. Your University Division academic advisor will be an important ally in this process, so be sure to stay in regular contact with him or her.
In addition to meeting with your advisor, be sure to take advantage of these great tools for academic exploration:
- The Major, Minor and Certificate Programs Chart – a complete list of all the undergraduate programs available on the Bloomington campus.
- The Explore Majors website – Find majors that match your interests, descriptions of each major, information about how majors relate to careers, and more!
- U.D. Events & Workshops – Always free and open to all IU Bloomington undergraduates.
- The Explore Your Options Series – Explore your academic options through a series of panel presentations featuring faculty and student perspectives on fields of study and special opportunities for undergraduates at IU Bloomington. The thematic nature of many of the events makes it easy for you to compare several related programs in a short amount of time. Your questions are encouraged!
- Health Professions and Prelaw Center (HPPLC) Events & Workshops – If you are considering a career in the health fields or in law, you won’t want to miss big events like Law Day and the Health Fields Fair. HPPLC also offers application and admissions workshops, exploratory events, and individual and small group meetins with admissions officers and other representatives of graduate and professional schools.
- Choosing Your Major Workshops – These small group workshops are led by our Exploratory Student Resources coordinator and introduce you to a structured approach to academic exploration and decision-making.
- The Career Development Center – Career advising, career development classes, a career resource library, internship information, and other resources to help you begin planning for your future career now.