Asako S. Moriya
School of Public and Environmental Affairs
1315 E. Tenth Street, Room 441
Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: (412) 537-9800
Personal webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/asakomoriya
Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University, 2011
M.A., University of Tokyo, 2002
B.A., University of Tokyo, 1998
Postdoctoral Fellow, Indiana University, September 2011-.
Applied Microeconomics, Health Economics, and Health Policy
- "The Impact of Macroeconomy on Health Insurance Coverage: Evidence from the Great Recession," with John Cawley and Kosali Simon.
- "Effects of State Tort Reform Laws on Utilization and Health Outcomes: Evidence from Newborn Care."
- "Does Physician Reimbursement Affect Treatment? Evidence from Restricting Balance Billing in California," with Yaa Akosa Antwi and Jaesoo Kim.
- "Impact of Premium Subsidies on the Take-up of Health Insurance: Evidence from the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)," with Kosali Simon.
- "Hospital Prices and Market Structure in the Hospital and Insurance Industries," with William B. Vogt and Martin Gaynor, Health Economics, Policy and Law, October 2010, 5, 4, 459-479.
- "Effects of Federal Policy to Insure Young Adults: Evidence from the 2010 Affordable Care Act’s Dependent-Coverage Mandate," with Yaa Akosa Antwi and Kosali Simon, American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, forthcoming.