Skip to main content
Indiana University Bloomington
  • People  |

collage of photos

Undergraduate Studies

Overseas Study


Professor Félix-Brasdefer and IU study-abroad students in Mexico City

Study Abroad Opportunities in Spanish and Portuguese

The Department of Spanish and Portuguese works with the Office of Overseas Studies at IU to offer a diverse and exciting range of study abroad opportunities. Students on approved IU study abroad programs can satisfy a substantial number of their Spanish and Portuguese major and minor course requirements, as well as other course equivalents in many other departments..

If you are Going Abroad... (Procedures for getting department credit for overseas studies courses)

If you are planning to study abroad soon and would like to get credit for your courses in Spanish and Portuguese, please contact the Spanish advisor, Sioux Hill, for an appointment (call 855-1157).  Click here for an explanation of the procedures you must follow in order to get approval for the courses you wish to count toward your minor/major in Spanish or Portuguese.  If you plan to do study abroad in Portuguese, you should also speak to the Portuguese Program Director about your plans.

Students studying in Spanish or Portuguese, regardless of their major, are strongly encouraged to study abroad. Indiana University sponsors many programs in the Hispanic world. See complete listing of programs at the Office of Overseas Study, Leo R. Dowling International Center, 111 South Jordan Avenue, Bloomington, IN 47405, email or call (812) 855-9304.

Please complete the Study Abroad Agreement Form.
This form must be submitted to the Academic Advisor, Sioux Hill, prior to the semester or summer abroad.

OVST Course Equivalency Lists