news & upcoming events
IU Sociology Alumnus and President of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins, to receive honorary degree
- President of Ireland to speak at IU Bloomington commencements, receive honorary degree. Read the press release here.
- IU Sociologists in the News
- Recent Awards and Honors
- Fall 2012 Colloquia Schedule (PDF)
- Careers for Sociology, Tuesday, April 16, 7-8 p.m. at the Career Development Center
- IU Sociology continues to be ranked as one of the top graduate programs in the country, according to the latest US News and World Report rankings. In the rankings for 2014, our graduate program was ranked 12th (tied with Columbia), and 6th among public universities. Among subareas in the discipline, we were ranked 2nd in Social Psychology and 7th in Stratification. A press release can be found at: http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/23944.html
- Graduating seniors are invited to share their views on their experiences as Sociology majors at IU.
- Application deadlines for Fall 2014 admission are: December 1, 2013 (International) and January 15, 2014 (Domestic). Click here for more information.
- IU Sociology alumnus Michael D. Higgins has been elected Ireland's ninth president. Higgins received a master of arts degree in sociology at IU Bloomington in 1967. Read the full news release here. And a recent interview here.
- IU researchers discuss education, civic involvement, crime and more at national ASA meeting. Read the news releases here.