Local Chapter Activities
The local chapter’s regular activities include:
- Fall luncheon to recognize new members of the faculty
- Annual invitation to join Sigma Xi and to nominate undergraduates and high school science
teachers for awards
- Judgng the annual STARS symposium posters and presentations and making awards for the "best"
poster and the "best" oral presentations.
- Annual banquet during which we initiate new members and make the awards to undergraduates
and to a high school science teacher
- Our chapter website is intended to serve as a place to find science-related activities on campus and
Other projects in various stages of development include:
- collecting journals, professional books, and recent texts for shipment overseas
to developing countries, especially in Africa. A pilot is underway in the Psychology Bldg.
- collaborating and supporting the local science café program
- a "science chat" each week over lunch at some central location, like the Kiva in
- offer to provide to our legislators sources of valid scientific information
- revive a program of visiting high school science classes and/or helping guide
student research. Here are some possibilities for collaboration in such an effort:
provides the information in this page in .pdf format
All of these need extra minds and hands.
Ideas for more activities? Please get in touch with one of the