Please contact Mark Trotter for further information about the Russian and East European Institute or any of its outreach programs:
The institute was founded in 1958 as a national center for language training and interdisciplinary studies. It is currently designated as a National Resource Center for Russian and East European language and area studies by the U.S. Department of Education. In addition to offering a broad curriculum of courses and sponsoring guest lectures by leading scholars and policy-makers on campus, the institute maintains an active outreach program that serves K-12 schools, colleges, businesses, government, community organizations, and the general public.
This outreach program includes not only the audio-visual lending library, but also a quarterly newsletter, workshops and conferences, a speaker's bureau, new curriculum materials, and a range of informational services for business, government, and civic organizations.