Graduate Placement Record
Here is our placement record, going back to 1986. We list people in two categories:
- Completed Ph.D.'s. Here we list all people who have completed Ph.D.'s in our Department, from 1986 on, whether they pursued academic employment or not. We list them by the year of the dissertation defense (which is not necessarily the same as the year the degree is actually awarded), giving the student's name, title of the dissertation, the dissertation director, placement information.
- Current "ABD" graduate students ("All But Dissertation" — that is, admitted to candidacy and currently working on their dissertations) who have full-time academic positions elsewhere.
Note that this page should not be regarded as a "where are they now" listing. Many of these people have moved on to other positions in ways that reflect their own personal career development rather than our placement efforts. Nevertheless, we welcome all corrections and updates.
For a complete list of all Ph.D. dissertations and M.A. theses ever granted in our Deparment, click here.
- Krista Rodkey, Hume on Sympathy: Justice, Politeness, and Beauty. (Kate Abramson) exp. 12/2016
- 2016-17 Visting Lecturer, Valparaiso University
- Curtis Sommerlatte, The Central Role of Cognition in Kant's Transcendental Deduction. (Allen Wood) 2016
- 2016-17 Visiting Assistant Professor (renewable for three years), Concordia University
- Susan Blake, Mental Content and Epistemic Foundations. (Gary Ebbs) 2015
- 2016- Assistant Director of the Korean Studies Institute, Indiana University, Bloomington.
- Sharon Mason, Knowledge and the First-Person Perspective. (Adam Leite) 2016
- 2016-17 Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Central Arkansas
- Houser, Kevin, Suffering, Acknowledgement, and the Ethical Space of Reasons. (Michael Morgan) 2015
- 2016 (Jan.) - Beamer-Schneider Teaching Fellow in Ethics, the Seminar Approach to General Education and Scholarship, Case Western Reserve University
- Woodward, Philip, The Emergence of Mental Content: An Essay in the Metaphysics of Mind. (Timothy O'Connor) 2015
- 2015- Assistant Professor, tenure track, Valparaiso University
- Jankovic, Marija, Conventional Meaning. (Kirk Ludwig) 2014
- 2014-16 Visiting Assistant Professor, Davidson College
- 2016- Assistant Professor, tenure track, Davidson College
- Palmer, Elizabeth, Facts as reasons: The role of experience in empiricial justification. (Adam Leite) 2014
- 2014- Adjunct, University of Florida
- Rings, Michael, The Aesthetic Cosmopolitan Project. (Sandra Shapshay, Jonanthan Weinberg) 2014
- 2014-2016 Adjunct, Pacific Lutheran University and Bellevue College
- 2016- Visiting Assistant Professor, Pacific Lutheran University
- Carlson, Matt, The Structure of Logical Knowledge. (Gary Ebbs) 2013
- 2013-14 Visiting Assistant Professor, University of New Mexico
- 2014- Assistant Professor, tenure track, Wabash University
- Gonnerman, Chad, Concepts in Psychology: Towards a Better Hybrid Theory (Jonathan Weinberg, Timothy O'Connor) 2013
- 2013-14 Postdoc, Michigan State University
- 2014- Assistant Professor, tenure track, University of Southern Indiana, Evansville
- Han, Gwakhee, Integrity as a Moral Virtue. (Marcia Baron) 2013
- Instructor, University of Korea, 2013-
- Jones, Derek, Primitive Agency. (Frederick Schmitt) 2013
- Assistant Professor, tenure track, University of Evansville, 2013-
- Koss, Michael, Semantic and Mathematical Foundations for Intuitionism. (David Charles McCarty) 2013
- 2013-14 Visiting Assistant Professor, Franklin and Marshall College
- 2014- Online Associate Faculty, Ashford University
- Talcott, David, Metaphysics and Religion in Plato’s Euthyphro. (Mike Morgan) 2012
- 2011- Assistant Professor, tenure track, Kings College, NY
- Cheung, Kwok-Tung, Doxastic Involuntarism, Epistemic Deliberation and Agency. (Adam Leite) 2012
- 2012- Assistant Professor, tenure track, University of Dayton, OH
- Gehring, Allen, Truthmaker Theory and Its Application. (Tim O’Connor) 2012
- 2012- Assistant Professor, tenure-track, Brescia University, Owensboro, KY
- Harris, Steven, Artifacts and Human Cognitive Agency (Colin Allen) 2012
- 2009- Part-time lecturer in Philosophy, Indiana State University, Terra Haute, IN
- McAninch, Andrew, Holding Me to My Word: The Normative Avowal View of Rational Agency. (Gary Ebbs) 2012
- 2012-13 Visiting Assistant Professor, Illinois Wesleyan University
- 2013-2015 Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Teaching Fellows in the Humanities, University of Pennsylvania
- 2015-present Lecturer, Philosophy Department, & Program Director, Center for Ethics and the Rule of Law, Law School, University of Pennsylvania. (University of Pennsylvania Law School)
- 2016- Assistant Professor, Milwaukee School of Engineering.
- Phillips, Luke, Aestheticism from Kant to Nietzsche(Paul D. Eisenberg) 2012
- 2012-15 Visiting Assitant Professor, Auburn University
- 2015- Lecturer, University of Hong Kong, Lingnan University
- Theurer, Kari, Rethinking Reductionism: From 17th Century Mechanism to Contemporary Molecular Neuroscience. (Colin Allen ) 2012
- 2012- Assistant Professor, tenure-track, Trinity College, Hartford, CT
- Cameron Buckner, Learning from Mistakes: Error Correction and the Nature of Cognition, (Colin Allen) 2011.
- 2014- Assistant Professor, tenure-track, University of Houston
- Jason Lopez, The Process of Defining Self-Deception (Paul Spade). Degree awarded 2011.
- 2011 One year position at Siena College
- Hua Wang (aka Ellie), Toward an Empirically Grounded Theory of Virtues for Consequentialism, (Marcia Baron),
- Feb. 2012- Tenure-track position, National Chengchi U., in Taiwan,
- Churchill, John Mental Causation and the Problem of Causal Exclusion. . (Tim O’Connor) 2010
- 2010- Director, Program in Philosophy & Theology, John Temple Foundation
- Diener, David The Supremacy and Irrelevance of Reason: Kierkegaard’s Understanding of Authority in the Second Authorship. (Paul Spade) 2010
- 2011- Taylor University, Ft. Wayne, IN
- Kirchner, Dan, Sittlichkeit and the Ancient View of the Self in Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit, (Paul D. Eisenberg).
- 2010- Assistant Professor, tenure track, Centre College
- Burkhart, Brian, Respect for Kinship: Toward an Indigenous Environmental Ethics, (Paul Spade).
- 2009-10 Pitzer College, Visiting Assistant Professor
- 2011- Professor and Director, American Indian Studies Program, California State University, Northridge
- Alexander, Joshua, Philosophical Intuitions and Experimental Philosophy (Joan Weiner).
- 2008- Siena College (tenure track)
- Aumann, Antony, Kierkegaard on the Need for Indirect Communication (Paul Spade).
- 2008-2009 Ohio State University
- 2009-2010 St. Olaf College, Kierkegaard House Foundation Fellow
- 2010- Northern Michigan University (tenure track)
- Bassett, Greg, Searching for Normativity, (Marcia Baron).
- 2008-2010 Professional musician (did not seek position in philosophy),
- 2010- Aquinas College, adjunct lecturer
- 2012-Hope College, Instructor
- Im, Seungpil, A Study of Kant’s Dreams of a Spirit Seer: Kant’s Ambiguous Relation to Swedenborg (Fred Beiser).
- 2009-2010 Kyung Hee University
- Jacobs, Jonathan, Causal Powers, A Neo-Aristotelian Metaphysic (Tim O'Connor).
- 2006-2008 University of St. Thomas (tenure track),
- 2008- St. Louis University (tenure track)
- Keele, Lisa, Theories of Continuity and Infinitesimals: Four Philosophers of the Nineteenth Century (David McCarty)
- Louisiana Scholars' College in Northwestern State University (tenure track)
- Theiner, Georg, From Extended Minds to Group Minds: Rethinking the Boundaries of the Mental. (Tim O’Connor).
- 2008-2011, University of Alberta, Killam Post-doctoral Fellow
- 2011- Villanova University (tenure-track)
- John Ceballes. "Hearing the Call of Reason: Kant and Publicity" (Marcia Baron).
- 2011- University of South Carolina
- 2007-2008 Hamilton College
- 2008-2009 University of Delaware
- 2009-2010 Wooster College
- Kevin Kimble. "The Intentional Structure of Phenomenal Awareness" (Timothy O'Connor).
- 2007– National Chung-Cheng University (Taiwan, tenure track)
- Alexander M. Klein. "The Rise of Empiricism: William James, Thomas Hill Green, and the Struggle over Psychology" (Elisabeth Lloyd).
- 2006-2008 University of Toronto (Postdoc)
- 2008-2009 Mellon Post-doc, Cornell
- 2009- Cal State Long Beach (tenure track)
- Brian E. McDonald. "Constraint Variational Semantics" (Anil Gupta).
- Melissa Seymour. "Duties of Love and Kant's Doctrine of Obligatory Ends" (Marcia Baron).
- 2007– Associate Professor, University of Georgia
- Darren Abramson. "Computability and Mind" (David Charles McCarty).
- 2005– Associate Professor, Dalhousie University
- Hilmi Demir. "Error Comes with Imagination: A Probabilistic Theory of Mental Content" (Frederick Schmitt).
- 2006–07 California State University (tenure track), San Bernardino
- 2007– Bilkent University (Turkey), (tenure track)
- Stephen Crowley. "A Simple Story About Simple Inquiries: Micro-epistemology and Animal Cognition" (Mark Kaplan and Colin Allen).
- 2006– Boise State University (tenure track)
- Beth Tropman. "Moral Realism and the New Intuitionism" (David Charles McCarty).
- 2006– Associate Professor, Colorado State University
- Yuko Murakami. "Modal Logic of Partitions" (Larry Moss and J. Michael Dunn).
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Cognitive Science, Chiba University (Japan)
- Associate Professor, Tohoku University (Japan)
- Daniel Werner, "Myth and Philosophy in Plato's Phaedrus" (Michael L. Morgan).
- Wesleyan University (Visiting Position).
- 2007– State University of New York at New Paltz (tenure track)
- Jennifer Wolsing. "Free at Last: A Libertarian Defense of Free Will" (Timothy O'Connor).
- Dr. Wolsing completed her degree at IU School of Law, and is now an attorney in St. Louis. She also has done some teaching for Wash. U. Law School.
- Brian Conolly. "Studies in the Metaphysics of Dietrich von Freiberg" (Paul Vincent Spade).
- Skidmore (Visiting Position)
- 2006– Simon's Rock College of Bard (tenure track)
- Pragati Jain. "Validity and Its Epistemic Role" (J. Michael Dunn).
- Center for Educational Development and Academic Methods (CEDAM), Australia National University.
- Erik Lindland. "Kierkegaard on Self-Deception." (Paul Vincent Spade).
- 2004–06 Visiting Assistant Professor, DePauw University
- 2006– Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Joshua Shaw. "Putting Ethics First: Reconsidering Emmanuel Levinas's Ethical Metaphysics" (Michael L. Morgan)
- Pennsylvania State University, Erie, (tenure track).
- Karen Brown. "Epistemic Possibilities and the Sources of Belief" (Timothy O'Connor).
- Cornell College
- University of Victoria (Canada)
- Eric Dalton. "Analyticity, Holism and Conceptual Role Semantics" (Anil Gupta).
- University of Southern Indiana (Instructor)
- Ingo Farin, "Studies in Early Heidegger (1919 –1923)" (Michael L. Morgan). (
- Saint John's College, Santa Fe
- Lecturer, University of Tasmania
- Michah Gottlieb, "The Ambiguity of Reason: Mendelssohn's Writings on Spinoza" (Frederick Beiser).
- 2002-2006. Visiting Assistant Professor, Hirschfeld Presidential FEllow in Comparative Studies,Departments of Judaic Studies and Religiosu Studies, Brown University
- 2006-2013 Assistant Professor, Skirball Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies, New York University
- 2013- Associate Professor, Skirball Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies, New York University
- Brian P.R. Morton. "Ineffability and Self-Refutation: Non-Monotonic Logic in the Thought of Pseudo-Dionysius, Sextus Empiricus, and the Astasahasrika Prajnaparamita" (Timothy O'Connor).
- 2003–04 Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Idaho
- 2004–05 Visiting Assistant Professor, Auburn University
- 2005– Assistant Professor, Indiana State University
- Matthew P. Pamental, "Naturalized Human Agency and the Emergence of Norms: Placing Dewey's Ethics on the Map" (Karen Hanson)
- 2013- Northern Illinois University (Full-time, renewable Instructorship)
- 2011- Lecturer, University of Tenessee, Knoxville
- Corry, Richard Lachlan. "A Causal-Structural Theory of Empirical Knowledge" (Michael Friedman).
- University of Tasmania (tenure track).
- Guldman, Rony. "Two Orientations towards Human Nature" (Karen Hanson).
- Fordham University (Teaching Post-Doc).
- Kaniike, Yoichi. "Carnap's Conception of Wissenschaftslogik" (Michael Friedman).
- Associate Fellow, Center of Philosophy, University of Tokyo.
- Rondo Keele, "Formal Ontology in the 14th Century: The Chatton Principle" (Paul Vincent Spade).
- 2002–05 American University in Cairo
- 2005– Louisiana Scholars' College in Northwestern State University
- Andrew Janiak, "Kant's Newtonianism" (Michael Friedman).
- 2001–02 MIT (post-doc)
- 2002- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Duke University
- Hans Eung Kim, "The Problem of Indexicality".
- Visiting Assistant, ProfessorUniversithy of Pittsburgh
- Assistant Professor, Kookimin University, Seoul
- Caleb Liang, "Toward an Understanding of Objectivity: A Study of the Realism/AntiRealism Debate and the Nature of Empirical Content" (Anil Gupta).
- National Chung Cheng University (Taiwan)
- National Taiwan University (Taiwan) .
- Axel Arturo Barceló Aspieta, "Mathematics as Grammar: 'Grammar' in Wittgenstein's Philosophy of Mathematics during the Middle Period" (David McCarty).
- Institute of Philosophy, Mexico.
- Jeffrey R. DiLeo, "Is There a Text in Philosophy? Writing, Style, Rhetoric, and Culture" (Michael L. Morgan).
- 1997–98 Brittain Fellow, Georgia Tech
- 1998–2002 Lecturer, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 2002–05 Assistant Professor, University of Houston–Victoria, 2005– Dean of Arts and Sciences
- Jack Green Musselman, "Judicial Craftsmanship at the Supreme Court: A Critical Legal Studies Examination of Court Crafts Informing the Hate Speech Debate" (Milton Fisk).
- 1998–99 Instructor (tenure-track), Holyoke Community College
- 2000-01 Adjunct Instructor, Southwestern University; 2001-02Visiting Assistant Professor
- 2002–04 Assistant DirectorCenter for Teaching Excellence, St. Edward's University; 2004-06 Director 2006- Assistant Professor and Director of the Center for Ethics and Leadership
- David Olson Pook, "Objectivity, Skepticism, and the Realistic Spirit in Ethics" (Karen Hanson).
- Berkshire School, Sheffield, Mass.
- Katalin Bimbó, "Substructural Logics, Combinatory Logic, and Lambda-Calculus" (J. Michael Dunn).
- Research Fellowship, Automated Reasoning Project, Australian National University, Canberr.
- Assistant Professor (tenure track), University of Alberta
- Associate Professor, University of Alberta
- Charles Bolyard, "Knowledge, Certainty and Propositions Per Se Notae: A Study of Peter Auriol" (Paul Vincent Spade).
- James Madison University.
- Anthony Chemero, "How to Be An Anti-Representationalist" (Brian Cantwell Smith/Timothy van Gelder).
- Franklin and Marshall College (Dept. of Scientific & Philosophical Studies of Mind, and Dept. of Psychology).
- Craig DeLancey, "Emotion, Action and Intentionality" (Nino B. Cocchiarella).
- 1999–2002, Non-academic employment with McKinsey & Company
- 2002– SUNY-Oswego,
- James Edwards, "Justification as Intra-Personal Argumentation" (Timothy W. O'Connor).
- 1998–2001, Visiting Instructor, University of the Redlands
- 2001– Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Shippensburg University
- Delfin Ig. Grueso, "Justice and Minorities: A Defense of John Rawls' Political Liberalism" (Milton Fisk).
- Thomas Vincent Kennedy, "Impartiality and the Moral Domain" (Karen Hanson).
- Indiana University Southeast, University of Louisville. (Both part time. Kennedy is taking time off from a law practice to raise children, while his wife pursues a fulltime medical practice in the Louisville area.)
- Yiwei Zheng, "Bad Faith, Authenticity and Pure Reflection in Jean-Paul Sartre's Early Philosophy" (Paul Vincent Spade).
- St. Cloud State University.
- James Hintze Hardy, "Instantial Reasoning, Arbitrary Objects, and Holey Propositions" (Anil Gupta).
- 1997–98, Instructor, California Polytechnic at Pomona
- 1998–2003, UCLA (Lecturer)
- 2003–04,Texas Tech
- 2004- Research Professor, Idaho State University
- Adam Kovach, "A Species of Good: An Essay on Truth as a Kind of Value" (Anil Gupta).
- 1998–99 Post-doc, Peirce Edition Project, Indiana University/Purdue University-Indianapolis
- 1999 Johns Hopkins
- 2000 University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- 2001–03 Visiting Assistant Professor, Haverford Colleg
- 2003–04 Franklin and Marshall College
- 2004- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Marymount College
- Byeong-Deok Lee, "The Paradox of Belief Instability and A Revision Theory of Belief" (Anil Gupta).
- Assistant Professor, City University of Seoul, South Korea
- Carolyn Ray, "Identity and Universals: A Conceptual Approach to Logical, Metaphysical and Epistemological Problems of Contemporary Identity Theory" (Karen Hanson).
- Non-academic employment.
- Charles Robert Hogg, Jr. "Ethica secundum Stoicos: An Edition, Translation, and Critical Essay" (Michael L. Morgan).
- 2008 Affiliate Professor - Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI,
- John Mark Mattox, "Saint Augustine and the theory of just war" (Paul Vincent Spade).
Career military officer.
- Pamela Miller, "The Implications of John Dewey's Ideas for Environmental Ethics" (Karen Hanson).
- Ball State University.
- Gregg Howard Rosenberg, "A Place for Consciousness: Probing the Deep Structure of the Natural World" (J. Michael Dunn).
- Systems engineer, Object Design, Inc.
- Jeffrey Fry, "Self-Esteem, Moral Luck, and the Meaning of Grace" (James G. Hart/Paul D. Eisenberg).
- 1996–97 Visiting Assistant Professor, Illinois Wesleyan University
- 1997–98 Adjunct Professor of Philosophy, Indiana University/Purdue University—Columbus
- 1998– Ball State University, Indiana
- Atsushi Shimojima, "On the Efficacy of Representation" (K. Jon Barwise).
- 1996–98 Postdoc, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technolog; 1998- professorship
- Ruth Eberle, "Diagrams and Natural Deduction: Theory and Pedagogy of Hyperproof" (K. Jon Barwise).
- 1995–96 James B. Nelson Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Indiana University
- 1996- Director of Computer Technology, Dept. of Cognitive Science, and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Informatics and Cognitive Science, Indiana University.
- Eric Hammer, "Diagrams, Logic and Representation" (K. Jon Barwise).
- 1995–96 Postdoc, Center for The Study of Language and Information, Stanford University ; M.Sc. candidate in Computer Science, Indiana University, 1996– .
- Isabel Luengo, "Diagrams in Geometry" (K. Jon Barwise).
- MiraCosta College.
- Ivan Marquez (Milton Fisk).
- 1996–97 Visiting Assistant Professor, California State University at Fresno
- 1998- Bentley College
- Martin Schönfeld, "Kant's Early Philosophy of Nature: Science and Metaphysics" (Frederick C. Beiser/Michael Friedman).
- 1995-2001 Assitant Professor (tenure track) University of South Florida
- 2001-2007 Associate Professor, University of South Florida
- 2007-Professor, University of South Florida
- H. Peter Steeves, "Toward a Phenomenological Ethic of Community" (James G. Hart/Paul Vincent Spade).
- 1995–98 Visiting Assistant Professor, California State University at Fresno
- 1998– De Paul University
- Raymundo Morado, "Fault-Tolerant Reasoning" (J. Michael Dunn).
- Institute of Philosophy, Mexico.
- Surekha Gillian Parker, "An Aesthetic Theory for Metaphor: How to Avoid Beating a Good Metaphor to Death" (Michael L. Morgan).
- University of Cincinnati (Visiting Assistant Professor), 1993–95;
- Sonoma State University, 1995– .
- Anayra O. Santory Jorge, "The Moral Force of Philosophy" (Karen Hanson).
- Universidad Centroamericana "José Simeón Cañas" (El Salvador), 1994–98;
- Civil Infrastructure Research Center, University of Puerto Rico—Mayagüez (researcher).
- Bokuk Yoon, "The Problem of Naturalizing Intentionality" (Anil Gupta).
- Ball State University (Visiting Assistant Professor)
- Ewha Womans University, South Korea (Assistant Professor) .
- David Chalmers, "Toward a Theory of Consciousness" (J. Michael Dunn/Douglas Hofstadter).
- 1993-5 McDonnell Fellow in Philosophy, Neurosicence, and Psychology, Washington University
- 1995–99 Assistant Professor, University of California at Santa Cruz
- 1999–2004 Professor, University of Arizona
- 2004-2014 ARC Professor, Australian National University
- 2014- Professor, Co-director Center for Mind, Brain, and Consciousness, New York University
- André Chapuis, "Circularity, Truth, and the Liar Paradox" (Anil Gupta/K. Jon Barwise).
- 1993– University of Fribourg (Switzerland)
- Gymnasium St. Antonius, Appenzell (Switzerland)
- Gary Nelson Curtis, "The Concept of Logical Form" (Anil Gupta).
- 2000– Indiana State University (part time); non-academic employment with CYCORP
- Chrysafis Hartonas, "Algebraic and Kripke Semantics for Substructural Logics" (J. Michael Dunn/K. Jon Barwise).
- 1994–95 University of Leicester
- University of Athens (Greece)
- Research Fellow, University of Sussex (UK)
- Paul Syverson, "Logic, Convention, and Common Knowledge" (J. Michael Dunn).
- U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (mathematics)
- Christopher Vaughan, "Pure Reflection: Self-Knowledge and Moral Understanding in the Philosophy of Jean-Paul Sartre" (Paul Vincent Spade).
- Computer Consultant, Whitman-Hart, Cincinnati
- Stephen Ronald Craig Hicks, "Foundationalism and the Genesis of Justification" (Karen Hanson).
- Trenton State College; Rockford College
- Yin-Bin Ning, "A Post-Philosophical Essay on Knowledge/Power: Richard Rorty, Anti-Foundationalism, and the Possibility of an Alternative Epistemology" (Milton Fisk).
- National Central University, Taiwan
- M. Gordon Beavers, "Topics in Lukasiewics Logics" (J. Michael Dunn/William H. Wheeler).
- University of the Ozarks (Mathematics).
- Soraj Hongladarom, "Imagination in Kant's Critique of Pure Reason" (Frederick C. Beiser).
- 1991– Chulalongkoin University (Thailand)
- In-Tak Lee, "A Critique of the Universalist Theory of Ethical Justification: Habermas vs. the Contextual Point of View" (Milton Fisk).
- Seoul National University (Korea)
- Yu-Houng Houng, "Classicism, Connectionism, and the Concept of Level" (J. Michael Dunn).
- Academica Sinica (Taiwan); Director, Institute of Philosophy, National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan
- Bobby Dixon, "The Master-Slave Dialectic in the Writings of Ralph Ellison: Toward a Neo-Hegelian Synthesis" (Paul D. Eisenberg).
- Kent State University
- José-Manuel Favila, "Intersubjectivity of Indexical Thoughts" (Hector-Neri Castañeda).
- Institute of Philosophy, Mexico
- Frank Foulks, "A Phenomenalist Semantic Frame for the Semiotics of Contrapuntal Theory" (Romane Clark).
- Indiana University/Purdue University-Indianapolis (part-time); staff, Indiana University/Purdue University-Indianapolis School of Medicine
- Monica Holland, "Beliefs Based on Emotional Reception: Their Formation, Justification and Truth" (Karen Hanson).
- University of Maryland (part-time)
- investment banking, at McDonald & Company Securities, Inc., Cleveland
- Edwin David Mares, "The Logic of Fictional Discourse" (J. Michael Dunn).
- Australian National University (post-doc)
- Dalhousie University
- University of Victoria
- 1994– Professor, Victoria University (New Zealand)
- Gonzalo Armijos, "Marxism, Pragmatism, and Historical Realism: An Epistemological Appraisal" (Milton Fisk).
- Universidade Federal de Goiás (Brazil)
- Max A. Freund, "Formal Investigations of Holistic Realist Ramified Conceptualism" (Nino B. Cocchiarella).
- Universidad nacional de Costa Rica
- Ana Maróstica de Gómez, "Peirce's Conception of Truth: A Tychist Approach" (Hector-Neri Castañeda).
- California State University, Los Angeles
- Kibujjo M. Kalumba, "The Common Good as a Mandate for the Official Catholic Church's Participation in, and Support for, the Current Revolutionary Movements in Latin America" (Milton Fisk).
- Ball State University
- Adriano Palma, "Indexicality" (Hector-Neri Castañeda).
- University of Geneva; Bosporus University (Turkey)
- National Chung Cheng University (Taiwan)
- University of Kwazulu-Natal (South Africa)
- Priyedarshi Jetli, "The Origins of the Realist Conception of Relations in Plato's Phaedo" (Hector-Neri Castañeda).
- University of Delhi, India
- University of Mumbia, India
- Sheri Katz, "Ontology and Epistemology in John Scotus Eriugena" (Paul D. Eisenberg).
- Spring Hill College
- Timothy Joseph Day, "Infinite Regress Arguments: Some Metaphysical and Epistemological Problems" (Romane Clark).
- University of Alabama
- Kathleen Gill, "A Theory of Events" (Hector-Neri Castañeda).
- St. Cloud State University
- Alejandro Herrera, "Leibniz on Existence" (Hector-Neri Castañeda).
- Institute of Philosophy, Mexico
- Gregory Landini, "Meinong Reconstructed versus Early Russell Reconstructed: A Study of the Formal Ontology of Fiction" (Nino B. Cocchiarella).
- 1985-89 Assistant Professor (tenure track) Ball State University
- 1989-92 Assistant Professor, University of Iowa
- 1992-2001 Associate Professor, University of Iowa
- 2001- Professor, University of Iowa
- Robert Morris, "A 'Complementarity Thesis' for Doxastic Truth" (Hector-Neri Castañeda).
- Florida Institute of Technology (Computer Science).
- Francesco Orilia, "Natural Language Semantics and Guise Theory" (Hector-Neri Castañeda).
- University of Cagliari (Italy)
- University of Macerata (Italy)