Amendments to existing TOPAZ approved protocols
When submitting to the IACUC, the e-mail must come from the
PI's e-mail address.
The form is designed as a Core protocol application with Supplement-Protocol Associate (PA).
The Core and Supplement-Protocol Associate (PA) are required for all applications.
For specific animal procedures, you will need to check item(s) in the Procedures Check List then complete the corresponding Animal Procedure section(s) as a separate file (Section D).
Once the Core, Animal Procedure section(s) and PA Supplement are completed, send all files firstname.lastname@example.org. The IACUC office will combine the Core and Animal Procedure section(s) into one document. The PA Supplement will remain a separate file. The goal with this organization is that you will not have unneeded sections in your protocol, thus making the protocol both shorter in length and quicker to complete for most.
We have also provided an example protocol to provide examples of how to complete the form.
- Core Protocol Sections (required)
- Supplement-Protocol Associate (PA) (required)
- Section D01 – Breeding
- Section D02 – Anesthesia, Sedation, Analgesia
- Section D03 – Surgical Procedures
- Section D04 – Agent Administration
- Section D05 –Irradiation, Imaging
- Section D06 – Blood Sampling
- Section D07 – Behavioral Testing
- Section D08 – Special Caging, Husbandry, Food & Water Deprivation/Restriction
- Section D09 - Immunization
- Section D10 - Hybridoma
- Section D11 – Prolonged Restraint
- Appendix 1 – Food and Water Restriction or Deprivation
- Appendix 2 – Anesthetic Sedation General Criteria
- Appendix 3 – Anesthetic Monitoring
- Appendix 4 – Anesthetic Recovery
- Appendix 5 - Analgesia
- Appendix 6 – Pre-Surgical Preparation Procedures
- Appendix 7 – Post-Operative Care
- Appendix 8 - Immunization
IACUC Protocol Related Forms:
- IACUC Funding Update Form
To be used to update funding on a protocol
- New Protocol Associate Request Form
To add new protocol associates
- Continuing Review Form
- Training Exemption Form (Observe)
To be used for people visiting IU and who will only observe procedures currently approved on a protocol(s) and will not have any interaction with live animals.
- Training Exemption Form (Learn or Teach)
To be used for people visiting IU and who will learn/teach a procedure(s) currently approved on a protocol(s) and will have interaction with live animals.
- Custom Made Antibody Form
The intent of this document is to allow purchase of custom-made antibody.