As part of our ongoing responsibility to ensure compliance at the University, New Employee Compliance Orientation (NECO) is offered on a bimonthly basis. Attendees will gain an understanding of their obligations for compliance and will be provided with the resources needed to obtain additional information on compliance matters and/or report issues as necessary.
NECO is a compliance education program geared toward:
- New faculty and residents involved in basic science or clinical research
- New employees who will be engaged in any conduct of research
- New employees who will be involved in healthcare or research billing
- New employees who have access to PHI for research, clinical, or administrative purposes
Topics covered include:
- Conflicts of Interest
- Fraud & Abuse
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance
- Research Integrity
- An abbreviated introduction to other compliance areas and resources
To register, select the desired session listed under "Class Schedule" below and click "Register". Continue by completing the requested information to conclude the registration process.
Attendance confirmations will be sent to registrants via email after the session takes place. It is the responsibility of the attendee to maintain this record and provide it to the appropriate individuals in their school/division/department as necessary. For anyone needing to fulfill the HIPAA training requirement, you may attend just that portion of NECO and then make the appropriate indication on the sign-in sheet.
General questions on the program or registration should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 278-4719.