- Intentionally use integrative marketing techniques to recruit students through a number of platforms.
- Creatively gain efficiencies and new synergy on campus to leverage technology and resources.
- Proactively manage the IU enrollment goals – quality, diversity, international, and affordable - through the use of research and data modeling.
- Continually partner with campus colleagues to award and process financial aid and scholarships.
- Collaboratively work with campus colleagues to support the academic goals and mission of IU.
Dr. David B. Johnson
Vice Provost for Enrollment Management
Dr. David B. Johnson was appointed as Vice Provost for the Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) at Indiana University in January 2011, after serving as Interim Vice Provost since June 2, 2010.
Before being appointed Interim Vice Provost, David was the Associate Vice Provost for Enrollment Management at Indiana University since May 1, 2007. David's past professional experiences include the areas of admissions, recruitment, orientation, alumni development, enrollment management research, and testing services. David has been a frequent presenter at national and regional conferences around the country, and has published and presented regularly on generation Y, student persistence, student recruitment, data mining, predictive modeling in student recruitment, and other topics related to student access and success.
The goal of OEM is to recruit, admit, award, orient, enroll, and serve a well-qualified class and to serve the broader IU academic community through collaborative and innovative work. The following units work together to support and meet that goal: the Office of Admissions, Office of Enrollment Planning and Research, Office of First Year Experience Programs, Office of Interactive Communication, Office of the Registrar, Office of Scholarships, Office of Student Financial Assistance, and the Systems Design and Development group.
David’s role in OEM is to provide vision, direction, and leadership in the Office of Enrollment Management for the following objectives:
David is a native of Georgia, and grew up in Eufaula, Alabama. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science from Troy University, a Master of Public Administration degree from Auburn University, and a Doctorate of Education, concentrating in Higher Education Administration, from The University of Alabama. He enjoys watching IU sports, travel, and trains and runs in half marathons.