Academics » International Visiting Artists and Scholars »
Program for International Visiting Scholars (PIVS)
Collins initially developed the PIVS program together with the Department of History and Philosophy of Science to bring international visiting scholars to teach during the first eight-week session each fall semester. We have now expanded the program to involve other departments in the College.
Upcoming Visiting Scholar
Check back for more info!
Past Visiting Scholars
- Kathleen Vongsathorn, Germany, Spring 2014
- Thomas Bilczewski, Poland, Fall 2012.
- Course title: Trauma and Memory in Central European Culture
- Susanne Bauer, Germany, Fall 2011.
- Course title: Atomic Challenges: Biomedicine and Nuclear Science During the Cold War
- Jochen Büttner, Germany, Fall 2010.
- Course title: Astronomical Knowledge: From the Nebra Sky Disk to the Copernican System
- Christina Brandt, Germany, Fall 2009.
- Course title: On the History of Cloning: Concepts and Practices in 20th Century Life Sciences and Culture