Founded in 1972, Collins LLC is a residence hall with six separate buildings and a bit over 500 residents. About half are first-year students and half returning sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- Collins’ Main Quad is one of the most beautiful spots on campus and only 350 yards from the Indiana Memorial Union and the center of campus.
- Collins includes students from all departments, majors, schools, and colleges. Admission is first come, first served.
- Collins’ councils and organizations are all student-run.
- Collins students take classes taught by other Collinsites and by instructors chosen by the Collins Board of Educational Programming.
- Collins has a Community Council that coordinates an endless array of programming planned by Collinsites, from music talent shows to presentations by international visiting scholars.
- Collins’ Art Council coordinates studios for: audio and video recording, ceramics, photography, publications, textiles, silk screen-printing (all available to residents). Collins also has its own cinema.
- Collins has just started a Sustainable Food Project.
- Collins has the last traditional dining hall at IU with vegetarian and vegan options.
- Collins has the highest GPA of any residence hall.