The MARS Publications Committee needs YOUR input! ALA is changing its
Web site and the MARS Web site will change as well. As we plan for
the new MARS site, we would like to hear more from individual MARS
members and committee participants about ways the site can do a better
job in providing information to you. Please take a few minutes to answer the following
questions. We need to hear from you by Monday, March 3, 2003. Watch for
the new site on April 1.
1. Why do you use the MARS Web site? Please select all that apply.
To keep up to date with MARS news and events
To use MARS Publications and Resources
To look up general information about MARS
To find MARS committee information
Other, please describe:
I don't use the Web site because
2. How often do you view the MARS Web site?
Several times a year
3. What would you like to see added or featured more prominently on the
Mars Web site?
4. What do you think should be removed from the MARS Web site?
5. What areas need to be updated more often?
6. Are the categories and links clear?
If your response is No, how could the labels and links be made more
7. Would you like to see the Web site organized by the type of audience?
For example, an area for committee members, a members-only portal, and
an area for non-members?
If yes, how would you like to see the page divided?
8. How did you find out about the MARS Web site?
9. Are you a member of a Mars committee?
No (if No, skip to the last question - #13)
10. Does your committee have a Web page?
11. What kind of information is on your committee's Web page? Please
select all that apply.
Minutes of committee meetings
Past and current committee activities, projects, and/or publications
Link to the MARS committee interest form
12. How could your committee's Web page be improved?
13. Do you have additional comments and/or suggestions?
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey!