The Welles mss. II, ca. 1931-1994, consists of individual items about or relating to Orson Welles. Arranged chronologically.
- Gift and purchase. Various sources and dates
- 25 items
- Report and honor card
from Todd School for Boys for Welles. Both signed by principal,
Roger Hill, and dated Jan. 30, 1931.
Purchase. Newberry Library. 1994
- The Mercury Shakespeare:
Julius Caesar, July 1939. The Mercury Shakespeare: Twelfth Night,
June 1938. Two audio cassettes taped from LPs in The Mercury
Shakespeare textbook series. May not be reproduced.
Gift. Donor unknown.
- The "Bravades"
for Rebecca, A Portfolio of Pictures Made for Rebecca Welles by
her Father, Christmas 1956. Photocopy. [69pp]. Includes two
postcards illustrated with photographs of Orson Welles.
Gift. Rebecca Welles. 1990
- It's Not Quite All True, by Richard Wilson. Undated photocopy of an article which appeared in Sight and Sound in response to an article: It's All True, by Charles Higham which appeared in the same magazine, Spring, 1970. 2 copies.
- Orson Welles starring in Norman Corwin's "14 August" and excerpts from William Shakespeare's tragedy "King Lear" with Orson Welles & Agnes Moorehead. A George Garabedian Production. 1980. 33 1/3 LP
- Citizen Kane. The Criterion Collection. Jackets and box only for laserdiscs. 1984. 2nd printing 1985.
- Two issues of Cahiers du Cinema: a. No. 375, Septembre 1985. Contains article "It's All True" d'Orson Welles: A la recherche du film fantôme, par Bill Krohn; b. Hors séries No. 12: Orson Welles
- Orson Welles
Tribute--Nov. 2, 1985. Raw footage used for "Remembering
Orson" Property of Frank Beacham, Television Matrix. 8 reels
on three broadcast videotape cassettes. ARCHIVAL COPIES, MAY NOT
Gift. Richard Wilson via Frank Beacham. 1986
- Remembering Orson,
recorded at The Director's Guild Theater, November 2, 1985. 1/2
inch VHS videotape. 2 copies.
Gift. Richard Wilson
- Welles memorial tribute. Nov. 2, 1985. 3 audiotape cassettes.
- [Tributes to Orson Welles]: All Hail Orson! By Jeanette Nolan and John McIntyre. 1p.; Message from: Dennis Weaver. 1p.; Message: John Cassevetes. 1p.; Letter from Hollywood: "Thank you, Mr. Welles", by Bill Krohn. 20pp.; Letter from Hollywood: "It's All True"--Lost and Found, by Bill Krohn. 19pp.
- Orson Welles: What went
wrong? Robert Guenette Productions, Inc. Nov. 10, 1992. 1/2 inch
VHS videotape, 57:30 minutes.
Gift. Robert Guenette. 1993
- It's All True based on an unfinished film by Orson Welles. Paramount Pictures. 1993/color/b&w/86 min./stereo. 1/2 inch VHS videotape. c. 1994
- Rehearsal for
commercial. 4:00 on one audiotape cassette. Includes other taped
segments unrelated to Welles. Welles commercial begins
approximately 2:45 into Side A. n.d.
Gift. Kulgin Duval. Scotland.
- Portions of an autobiography of Roger Hill. Contains only those pages which pertain to Orson Welles. Photocopy. [31pp.]
- The Dreamers, a film by Orson Welles. Mimeograph script. 1979. 147 pp.
Purchase. Paul Mayersberg. England. 2000