We’ll be at MwALT on October 28 at Wright University, Dayton, Ohio!
Amy Soto will be presenting her paper “Test review: An English placement test for refugees”.
Senyung Lee will defend her dissertation proposal at the colloquium tomorrow at 2:30pm at BH103. The title of the study is: “Examining the Underlying Construct of L2 Lexical Collocation Knowledge”.
Meeting place: BH 807
Meeting time: 1pm – 2:15pm on Fridays
- 09/15/17 – Senyung Lee: Culligan, B. (2015). A comparison of three test formats to assess word difficulty. Language Testing, 32, 503-520.
- 09/22/17 – Jaesu Choi: Vafaee, P., Suzuki, Y., & Kachisnke, I. (2017). Validating grammaticality judgment tests: Evidence from two new psycholinguistic measures. Studies in Second Language Acquisition, 39, 59-95.
- 09/29/17 – Suchada Sanonguthai: A multidimensional scaling study of native and non-native listeners’ perception of second language speech, Language Testing, 122, 470-489.
- 10/13/17 – Amy Soto, Ryan Lidster
- 10/20/17 – MwALT Presentation Rehearsal (Amy Soto)
- 11/3/17 – Jean Chun
Hi all! The language testing reading group schedule for this semester is as follows:
Place : GISB 2067 or GISB 2015 (subject to change)
- 02/24/17 Senyung Lee: Revier, R.L. (2009). Evaluating a New Test of Whole English Collocations.
- 03/24/17 Yena Park: Yan, X., Yukiko, M., Lv, J., & Ginther, A. (2016). Elicited imitation as a measure of second language proficiency: A narrative review and meta-analysis. Language Testing, 33, 497-528.
- 03/31/17 Suchada Sanonguthai: Topic and background knowledge effects on performance in speaking assessment. Language Testing, 34, 23-48. & Ryan Lidster (1:00pm)
- 04/07/17 Jean Youn Chun: Choi, I. (2017). Empirical profiles of academic oral English proficiency from an international teaching assistant screening test. Language Testing, 34, 49-82. (meeeting at GA 2015)
IU folks at Purdue on October 1st, 2016!