- About IUPD
- Contact Us
Rape Aggression Defense
The Next (12 hour) Course
Location: Indiana University
Dates: To be announced.
Times: 6-9p each night for 4 evenings
Class space is limited - Register soon.
Contact: Lt.. David Rhodes, 855-4280, email@example.com, or
The first 9 hours are mandatory. The final 3 hours of dynamic simulation are optional.
Could you effectively defend yourself if attacked?
- 1 OUT OF EVERY 4 COLLEGE WOMEN POLLED WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED DURING FOUR YEARS AT COLLEGE (Ms. Magazine study on sexual assault and rape).
- BETWEEN 1973 AND 1987 (14 YEARS), OVER 2.3 MILLION WOMEN REPORTED SEXUAL ASSAULTS IN THE UNITED STATES. 71% OF THESE VICTIMS AVOIDED BEING RAPED BY TAKING SELF-PROTECTIVE MEASURES (United States Department of Justice, Bureau of justice Statistics).
What is the RAD System?
The Rape Aggression Defense System (RAD) is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques. The RAD system is a comprehensive course for women that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction, and avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. RAD is not a Martial Arts program. Our courses are taught by certified RAD instructors and provide you with a workbook/reference manual. This manual outlines the entire physical defense program for reference and continues personal growth. The RAD system of physical defense is currently being taught at many Universities and colleges. The growing, wide spread acceptance of this system is primarily due to the ease, simplicity, and effectiveness of our tactics, solid research, legal defensibility, and unique teaching methodology. The RAD system is dedicated to teaching women defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assault, by utilizing easy, effective, and proven self-defense / martial arts tactics. Our system of realistic defense will provide a woman with the knowledge to make an educated decision about resistance. We operate on the premise that a spontaneous violent attack will stimulate a natural desire to resist, on the part of the victim (supported by research). We educate women about "The Fight or Flight Syndrome," while showing them that enhancing their option of physical defense is not only prudent, but a necessity if natural resistance is to be effective.
Safety and survival in today's world requires a definite course of action. We provide effective options by teaching women to take an active role in their own self-defense and psychological well being.
10 REASONS WHY RAD SYSTEMS IS ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF SELF-DEFENSE TRAINING.
- Has established the standard for female self-defense programs.
- Offers no-nonsense, practical techniques of defense.
- Researched the effects of the "Fight or Flight Syndrome."
- Offers advanced self-defense courses that build upon the physical defense system.
- Provides realistic and dynamic hands on training.
- Provides students with a comprehensive reference manual.
- Certifies instructors from the community.
- Has a litigation defense policy.
- Offers state of the art programs.
- Every student receives a lifetime membership policy.
This program received financial assistance from the Communities Against Rape Initiative (CARe). CARe is funded by the Indiana State Department of Health, Preventive Health, and Health Services Block Grant, Crime Bill Amendment.
For more information and scheduling contact Lt. David Rhodes at:
Indiana University Police Department
1469 East 17th Street
Bloomington, IN 47408