- About IUPD
- Contact Us
Rape Aggression Defense
The Next (12 hour) Course
This is a 12 hour course. The first 9 hours are mandatory. The final 3 hours of dynamic simulation are optional.
For Upcoming Courses please:
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IUPDbtown/ and
Follow us on Twitter!: https://twitter.com/IUPD_Btown
Upcoming courses will be announced on Facebook and Twitter
Contact: Officer Ryan D Skaggs, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rape Aggression Defense Basic Personal Defense System is a national program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques taught for women only. All courses are taught by nationally certified RAD Instructors.
The goal of RAD is to provide realistic self-defense options to participants, regardless of their level of physical conditioning. Participants at all levels of ability, age, experience, and strength will be provided with techniques and information that can be effectively used from the first day of class. RAD is not a martial arts program, nor does it require women to be athletes in training to succeed.
The RAD system will provide participants with the knowledge to make an educated decision about personal defense. We provide information on physical and non-physical options, as well as insight into the attacker mindset.
Every participant receives a manual for reference and practice. Once a participant has completed a RAD program, their signed manual becomes a ticket for free lifetime return and practice with any RAD instructor in the US and Canada.
The widespread acceptance of the RAD system is due to the ease, simplicity, and effectiveness of our tactics, solid research, legal defensibility, and unique teaching methodology. RAD is the only self-defense program endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).
- RAD is the largest network of its kind with over 7000 Instructors having received training in our systems to date. These Instructors teach at various colleges, universities, and municipal law enforcement agencies as well as various other community organizations internationally.
- RAD has trained more than 300,000 women throughout the U.S. and Canada since the program began in 1989.
- RAD is the only existing program with a free lifetime return and practice policy, honored throughout both the US and Canada.
- RAD has developed specialized simulation techniques and equipment for use by certified RAD instructors.
- RAD is the only self-defense program ever endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA).
- More information about RAD is available at www.rad-systems.com.
10 REASONS WHY RAD SYSTEMS IS ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF SELF-DEFENSE TRAINING.
- Has established the standard for female self-defense programs.
- Offers no-nonsense, practical techniques of defense.
- Researched the effects of the "Fight or Flight Syndrome."
- Offers advanced self-defense courses that build upon the physical defense system.
- Provides realistic and dynamic hands on training.
- Provides students with a comprehensive reference manual.
- Certifies instructors from the community.
- Has a litigation defense policy.
- Offers state of the art programs.
- Every student receives a lifetime membership policy.
The equipment used for this course is funded in part by a grant from Indiana Campus Sexual Assault Prevention (INCSAP) Project.
This program received financial assistance from the Communities Against Rape Initiative (CARe). CARe is funded by the Indiana State Department of Health, Preventive Health, and Health Services Block Grant, Crime Bill Amendment.
For more information and scheduling contact Officer Ryan D Skaggs at:
Indiana University Police Department
1469 E. 17th Street
Bloomington, IN 47408