Condensed Matter Theory
B.Sc., Sharif University of Technology, 1998.
M.Sc., Sharif University of Technology, 2000.
Ph.D., Simon Fraser University, 2006.
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of British Columbia, 2006–2008.
Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2008–2011.
Office: SW 228
Email: babaks indiana.edu
Currently, I am mainly working on problems related to
- Topological insulators and superconductors,
- Majorana fermions in condensed matter systems,
- Realization and manipulation of fractional particles.
You can read a description of my recent research here.
- Arijit Kundu, H.A. Fertig, and Babak Seradjeh, arXiv:1406.1490, Effective Theory of Floquet Topological Transitions.
- Yantao Li, Arijit Kundu, Fan Zhong, and Babak Seradjeh, arXiv:1402.7353, Tunable Floquet Majorana fermions in driven coupled quantum dots.
- Arijit Kundu and Babak Seradjeh, Physical Review Letters 111, 136402 (2013), Transport signatures of Floquet Majorana fermions in driven topological superconductors. [arXiv:1301.4433]
- Babak Seradjeh, Physical Review B 86, 121101(R) (2012), Majorana edge modes of topological exciton condensate with superconductors. [arXiv:1203.6628]
- E. Grosfeld, B. Seradjeh, S. Vishveshwara, Physical Review B 83, 104513 (2011), Proposed Aharonov-Casher interference measurement of non-Abelian vortices in chiral p-wave superconductors. [arXiv:1004.2295]
- B. Seradjeh, J. Wu, P. Phillips, Physical Review Letters 103, 136803 (2009), Signatures of surface states in bismuth at high magnetic fields. [arXiv:0905.0689]
- B. Seradjeh, J. E. Moore, M. Franz, Physical Review Letters 103, 066402 (2009), Exciton condensation and charge fractionalization in a topological insulator film. [arXiv:0902.1147]
- C. Weeks, G. Rosenberg, B. Seradjeh, M. Franz, Nature Physics 3 796 (2007), Anyons in a weakly interacting system. [cond-mat/0703001]
- I. F. Herbut and B. H. Seradjeh, Physical Review Letters 91, 171601 (2003), Permanent confinement in the compact QED3 with fermionic matter. [cond-mat/0305296]