Faculty research ranging from subatomic particle physics to the interactions of many bodies as part of condensed matter and material science, that uses the tools of physics applied to biological systems, and studies the behavior of many charged particles as part of accelerator physics.
Intriguing undergraduate courses for students at all levels. Our talented undergraduate Physics majors, including those in our Applied Physics stream, are trained to succeed in any graduate program in the country, join industry, or pursue any career requiring problem-solving and technical skills.
We invite you to contact us!
- IU Physics Professor Phil Richerme receives three year grant through the Air Force Office of Scientific Research's Young Investigator Program.
- Just as most of the world’s air travel passes through a few major hubs, the majority of information in the brain flows through similarly well-traveled routes, Indiana University scientists have found.
- Click here for Physics Department news archive
- Vidya Madhavan, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, "Massless and Massive Electrons: Relativistic Physics in Condensed Matter Systems"
Wed, Feb 10, 4:00 pm
- Larry Weinstein, Old Dominion, "Guesstimation: Solving the World's Problems on the Back of a Cocktail Napkin"
Wed, Feb 17, 4:00 pm
Wed, Feb 24, 4:00 pm
- This Week's Events »