Questions to Consider [show/hide]
Title: Sage and Sweetgrass
Artist: Jaune Quick-to-See Smith
- What objects can you recognize in this painting?
- What colors has this artist used in this painting?
- Describe the differences and similarities between the vessels at the bottom of the painting.
- What might Smith’s boxes and rectangles represent?
- Why do you think the artist used outlined forms and not fully painted images?
- What might Smith’s use of thick, black, dripping outlines represent?
Roll your mouse over this image, and you’ll find 4 interesting bits of information. These will help you answer the Questions to Consider.