This page is now located at an updated
Please update your bookmarks! The new address is posted below.
You will be redirected to the new page in just a few seconds.
Psychologist and Philosopher.
- Lawrence Scientific School, Harvard, studied anatomy, chemistry and
- MD Harvard Medical School 1869.
- 1872 Teacher at Harvard.
- 1879 Opened the first psychology laboratory in the United States.
- 1885 Professor of Philosophy, Harvard
- 1889 Professor of Psychology, Harvard
- Gifford Lectures on 'National Religion' delivered at Edinburgh University,
- 'Pragmatism' given at the Lowell Institute, Boston in 1906.
Greatly honored in his time, known by many as a profound and original
thinker and considered to be by many in his time the most widely known
of American scholars.
- Principles of Psychology, 1890. Establish psychology as a separate
- Collected Essays and Reviews (1892);
- The Will to Believe and Other Essays (1897);
- Pragmatism: A New Name for Some Old Ways of Thinking (1907);
- The Meaning of Truth (1909).
References: 3, 10
Image Courtesy of the National Library of Medicine
Home | Interactive
Map | Alphabetic Index | Time
Hot Topics | Map - PDF | References | Contributors | Comments
For further information please contact
Content questions: Dr. Jonathan
Plucker (jonathan.plucker AT uconn.edu)
16 May 2013