This page is now located at an updated
Please update your bookmarks! The new address is posted below.
You will be redirected to the new page in 15 seconds or you can click the link below.
Psychologist and Philosopher.
- Lawrence Scientific School, Harvard, studied anatomy, chemistry and
- MD Harvard Medical School 1869.
- 1872 Teacher at Harvard.
- 1879 Opened the first psychology laboratory in the United States.
- 1885 Professor of Philosophy, Harvard
- 1889 Professor of Psychology, Harvard
- Gifford Lectures on 'National Religion' delivered at Edinburgh University,
- 'Pragmatism' given at the Lowell Institute, Boston in 1906.
Greatly honored in his time, known by many as a profound and original
thinker and considered to be by many in his time the most widely known
of American scholars.
- Principles of Psychology, 1890. Establish psychology as a separate
- Collected Essays and Reviews (1892);
- The Will to Believe and Other Essays (1897);
- Pragmatism: A New Name for Some Old Ways of Thinking (1907);
- The Meaning of Truth (1909).
References: 3, 10
Image Courtesy of the National Library of Medicine
Thursday, 14-Nov-2013 04:39:12 EST