InfoSocial 2013: Bridging Media, Technology and Social Science - Call for Papers
The Media, Technology, and Society (MTS) program at Northwestern University is now accepting proposals for InfoSocial, a student-run conference dedicated to showcasing graduate student research that is theoretically engaging, methodologically sound, and socially relevant. We welcome submissions that engage multiple ways of thinking as well as a wide range of methodologies.
This will be a multidisciplinary conference, and suggested topics include:
○ Gaming, online communities, and digital cultures
○ Human-computer interaction
○ Inequality, skills, and social capital
○ Information and communication technologies for development
○ News, entertainment, and audiences
○ Online behavior and privacy
○ Organizations, networks, and innovation
○ Social impact, policy, and regulation
○ Social media and big data
○ Youth, family, and the media
For more information, and details on how to submit your abstract, please visit http://comm.soc.northwestern.edu/mts-conference/2013cfp/.
Extended abstract submission deadline: March 20, 2013
Conference Dates: October 25-26, 2013
Note: There will be no fee to attend and/or participate in the conference. Meals will be provided and interested attendees may request to be housed with Northwestern students. While we can make no guarantees, we will do our best to accommodate requests.