Welcome to IC-EMS Website!
IC-EMS is a student organization comprised certified EMT-Basics and first aid personnel, all passionate about patient care. The mission of IC-EMS is to educate and provide emergency medical care to the Indiana University community. IC-EMS is privately hired by university departments, student organizations, and community organizations to provide comprehensive emergency medical care to event participants. We provide CPR and First Aid American Heart Association certification classes for our members, so no certifications are required to join IC-EMS. The organization has a proud tradition of providing emergency medical service at major university events, including the Little 500 bicycle races, as well as the Dance Marathon fundraiser for Riley Children’s Hospital, which serves as a model for dance marathons around the nation. For a complete schedule of IC-EMS events refer to the Calendar tab.
IC-EMS is state certified through the Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS) as a non-transport basic life support (BLS) emergency medical service. All of its BLS providers are Indiana-certified EMTs, and all of its first aid providers are certified in first aid, CPR, and AED administration by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
Benefits of Joining:
- Receive hands-on clinical experience with patient care
- Learn valuable medical skills
- Work with ambulance crews, hospital staff, firefighters, and police officers
- Be involved in the behind-the scenes operation of major campus events, such as the IUSF Little 500 races and the IU Dance Marathon
- Enjoy member access to educational and social functions
- Volunteer as much or as little as you wish
- Form networking relationships
- Add a great component to your resume