The GradGrants Center (GGC) is a free service of the University Graduate School. It is open to currently enrolled graduate students within the Indiana University system.
Current undergraduates seeking fellowships & assistance with graduate applications should contact OVPUE’s Office of Competitive Awards and Research (IUCARE).
one-on-one proposal drafting advising sessions with our award-winning consultants are available for any external (non-IU) funding opportunities:
- in-person in the GGC
- in the SSRC (Social Science Research Commons/Woodburn Hall 200)
- virtually via Skype, Adobe Connect, Lync, phone or by email for students away from campus
- our clients have successfully been awarded: ACLS, AIR, AERA, AAUW, Boren, Charlotte Newcombe, CLS, DAAD, Fulbright CIES, Fulbright-Hays/DDRA, Fulbright IIE/Student Program, Mellon CLIR & Completion, NIH, NIMH, NSEP, Rotary, Spencer, SSRC IDRF, USHMM and Wilson fellowships
- Our consultants will be available to answer your questions about funding opportunities, grant-writing mechanics, and internal (IU) funding opportunties during our bi-weekly walk-in hours. Come by with a single question or a list, and we’ll be happy to talk it over (Please schedule a consultation appointment if you have a proposal draft for review).
- All 2015 Walk-in Hours (held in the Social Science Research Commons, Woodburn 200)
- Fall 2015 Walk-in Hours
- Thursday August 27th 11:15-1:15pm
- Tuesday September 8th 1:00-3:00pm
- Thursday September 24th 11:15-1:15pm
- Wednesday October 7th 11:15-1:15pm
- Thursday October 22nd 1:00-3:00pm
- Thursday November 5th 1:00-3:00
- Thursday November 19th 11:15-1:15
- Wednesday December 2nd 11:15-1:15pm
- In partnership with the SSRC, during Fall & Spring Semesters, we offer bi-weekly workshop sessions
- Topics include: Introduction to Funding Databases, Advanced Strategies for Database Research, Drafting a Winning Proposal and other writing-centered workshops
- Previous Q&A, brainstorming and writing workshops have targeted: ACLS (Digital Innovation, Public Fellows) Boren/NSEP, CLS, DAAD, Fulbright (CIES, Fulbright-Hays DDRA & IIE), Mellon (CLIR & Completion), NSF, NIMH, NIH, Rotary, SSRC IDRF and major awards administered by the University Graduate School
Schedule permitting, we offer tailored, topical or disciplinary presentations for instructors, departments, programs and student organizations
See our social media and the right sidebar on our homepage for dates and times for the current semester
A note on internal/IU funding opportunities:
**Effective August 2014, the GGC no longer offers in-office search appointments or consultations related to IU/internal funding opportunities. We recommend contacting our campus partners:
- Writing Tutorial Services (WTS) for assistance with internal application or proposal drafting and
- Career Services for assistance with CVs/resumes, cover letters and related materials (Business, COAS, Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Informatics, JSOM, Law, Media, Medicine, Philanthropy, Psychology (IUPUI), Public Health, Social Work, SPEA, general)
- Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL) for assistance with teaching portfolios (statement of teaching philosophy, CV & etc)
Since consultants are regularly out of the office to assist in workshops and programming related to UGS-administered programs, please email email@example.com to schedule appointments or to request workshops for classes or student groups.
The GGC is staffed only when classes are in session. Available hours are limited during Summer Sessions (May-mid-August). Our schedule often fills over a week in advance, particularly during peak season (August-November and January-March).
Before your first visit to the GGC, we recommend reviewing the following (unedited) Livestream archives from our Fall 2014 Orientation presentations:
Introduction to Graduate Funding at IU (begins c. 16″)
Workshops & Walk-in Hours are held in the Social Science Research Commons, Woodburn Hall 200.
Our office is located in the East Tower of Wells Library on the Bloomington campus (during Summer 2015 we will move from the 6th floor, Room 651 to join the University Graduate School on the 5th floor)
The IU GradGrants Center, a part of the University Graduate School
IUB Herman B Wells Library
1320 E. Tenth St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-3907
We’re also available on Skype! Our Skype username is: GradGrants Center