The GradGrants Center (GGC) is a free service of the University Graduate School. It is open to currently enrolled graduate students within the Indiana University system.
Current undergraduates seeking fellowships & assistance with graduate applications should contact OVPUE’s Office of Competitive Awards and Research (IUCARE).
one-on-one proposal drafting advising sessions with our award-winning consultants are available for any external (non-IU) funding opportunities:
- in-person in the GGC
- in the SSRC (Social Science Research Commons/Woodburn Hall 200)
- virtually via Skype, Adobe Connect, Lync, phone or by email for students away from campus
- our clients have successfully been awarded: ACLS, AIR, AERA, AAUW, Boren, Charlotte Newcombe, CLS, DAAD, Fulbright CIES, Fulbright-Hays/DDRA, Fulbright IIE/Student Program, Mellon CLIR & Completion, NIH, NIMH, NSEP, Rotary, Spencer, SSRC IDRF, USHMM and Wilson fellowships
- Our consultants will be available to answer your questions about funding opportunities, grant-writing mechanics, and internal (IU) funding opportunties during our bi-weekly walk-in hours. Come by with a single question or a list, and we’ll be happy to talk it over (Please schedule a consultation appointment if you have a proposal draft for review).
- All 2015 Walk-in Hours (held in the Social Science Research Commons, Woodburn 200)
Fall 2015 Walk-in Hours
Thursday 8/27, 1-3pm
Tuesday 9/8, 1-3pm
Thursday 9/24, 2-4pm
Wednesday 10/7, 11:15am-1:15pm
Thursday 11/19 1-3pm
Wednesday 12/2 11:15am-1:15pm
Fall 2015 Workshops (open to all IU grad students), Workshops will also be offered in the SSRC (Social Science Research Commons/Woodburn Hall 200)
- Intro to funding databases: finding funding in grad school (Click here to watch!)
- Thursday September 24, 1-2pm (Click here to see the Funding Searches Presentation Fall 2015)
- The art of proposal writing: tips, tricks, and techniques (Click here to watch!)
- Thursday October 22, 1-2pm (Click here to get the PDF of the Proposal Writing presentation)
- The art of writing a personal statement: tips, tricks, and techniques (Click here to watch!)
- Thursday November 5, 1-2pm (Click here to get the PDF of the Personal Statement presentation)
Since consultants are regularly out of the office to assist in workshops and programming related to UGS-administered programs, please email email@example.com to schedule an individual funding search appointment or grant proposal review session.
The GGC is staffed only when classes are in session. Available hours are limited during Summer Sessions (May-mid-August). Our schedule often fills over a week in advance, particularly during peak season (August-November and January-March).
We are located in the East Tower of Wells Library, 5th floor, Room 544E, on the Bloomington campus.
Workshops & Walk-in Hours are held in the Social Science Research Commons, Woodburn Hall 200.
The IU GradGrants Center, a part of the University Graduate School
IUB Herman B Wells Library
1320 E. Tenth St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-3907
We’re also available on Skype! Our Skype username is: GradGrants Center