- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Simon Brassell, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Grad Student 2015-2016 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- 2015-16 Department Directory | (PDF)
- Hoosier Geologic Record
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- Geological Sciences Library Resources
News and Announcements
IU Paleontology Collection Open House
Image: Collections Manager Gary Motz illustrates the size difference between a regular snake vertebra and a vertebra from the ancient Titanoboa snake.
Held on April 30, 2016, the open house to celebrate the re-opening of the Indiana University Paleontology Collection was very well attended by both current and former IU students and faculty and by the general public.
The Collection is a research-focused repository for fossil specimens from Indiana and around the world operated by the Department of Geological Sciences, and is now housed on the 5th floor of the Geology building.
As part of the celebration, the Gary Lane Memorial Fund to support the collection was announced. If you want to make a donation to the fund, please click on the "Give Now" button (below) and type N. Gary Lane Paleontology Collection Fund into the search area.
Inside IU Bloomington | Paleontology Collection website
Curiosity Rover: IU Geological Sciences Mars research
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Looking for life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: Juergen Schieber
Events and Outreach
- May 2: Final exam week, no colloquium. Colloquia will resume in the fall.
Sigma Gamma Eplilon offers Tutoring In Geological Sciences
SGE tutoring sessions are held every Monday, 5-7 pm in G220. Contact Jeremiah Mickey for more information.