Grants and Awards for Undergraduates
Internal Grants and Awards
The Alex M. Doty Memorial Award
The Department of Gender Studies at Indiana University Bloomington is pleased to announce the annual Alex M. Doty Memorial Award Competition. This award will be given annually in recognition of the best essay or paper written by an undergraduate for an IUB Gender Studies course within a specific academic yearóin this case, between May 10, 2016 and March 31, 2017. The winner of the Alex M. Doty Memorial Award will receive a $200.00 honorarium and be recognized at the departmentís end-of-year celebration for graduating seniors.
The terms of eligibility are as follows:
- You must be an undergraduate student at Indiana University Bloomington. You DO NOT have to be a Gender Studies major or minor.
- You must have written the paper for a Gender Studies course during Summer 2016, Fall 2016 or Spring 2017. Formal enrollment in a GNDR course or a course that was joint-listed with a GNDR course is required.
- You may submit only one paper per competition cycle.
- The deadline for submissions is 9 AM on Monday, April 3, 2017.
There is no application form. To apply, submit four hard copies of your paper along with a separate cover page indicating your name, your email address, the specific Gender Studies course for which the paper was written, and the term when it was written. Submissions should be hand-delivered to the departmentís main office, located in Ballantine Hall, Room 642. The winner will be chosen through a blind-selection process, so any identifying information (e.g. your name, etc.) should be eliminated from the text of the paper itself so that members of the selection committee can review submissions as anonymous. Questions should be addressed to the Department of Gender Studies via email at email@example.com.
Good luck! We look forward to reading your work.
External Grants and Awards
- AMBUCS Scholarships for Therapists
- American Academy of Physical Therapists
- Beinecke Brothers Memorial Scholarship
- Bill Emerson National Hunger Fellowship
- Boettcher Foundation Teachers Program
- British Marshall Scholarship
- Carnegie Junior Fellows Program
- Churchill Scholarship
- EPA Research Grant and Fellowship
- EPA Marshall Scholarship
- The Fulbright Program
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Governor Bob Orr Indiana Entrepreneurial Fellowship
- Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellowship
- Hertz Foundation Fellowship
- Indiana Business and Professional Women's Foundation
- Indiana Governor's Fellowship
- Jacob Javits Fellowship
- James Madison Fellowship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship Program
- Mellon Fellowship
- Mitchell Scholarship
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship
- NCAA postgraduate scholarships
- NCAA Walter Byers Postgraduate Scholarship Program
- NCAA Ethnic Minority and Women's Enhancement Scholarship
- NIH/Oxford/Cambridge Scholars Program
- NSEP Graduate International Fellowship
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Rotary Fellowships
- William E. Simon Fellowship for Noble Purpose
- Soros Fellowships for New Americans
- Truman Scholarship
- Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation