Under a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, EURO has funding available to support participation in international and domestic conferences for IU Bloomington faculty presenting papers related to European Studies. EURO will award small grants to support faculty travel to present a research paper at an academic conference. Formal papers are strongly prioritized over participation in roundtable discussions or lecture notes.
Conference papers may further research any area of European Studies. These awards will not normally exceed $500 but may range from $100 to $1000.
Deadlines: August 15, October 15 & April 1
Applicants must submit:
- Completed Faculty Award Application
- Documentation of paper acceptance for conference (please indicate if peer reviewed)
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A budget that includes other sources of funds that may be combined with the EURO award
- The paper presented indicating source of funding on the title page under "Acknowledgments" with your request for reimbursement
- priority for funding will be for those who have not received a travel grant from EURO within the past year
- EURO will not pre-pay travel costs
- Please submit application before conference date. EURO will not fund retroactively