IU offers over 70 modern languages.
- Albanian (SWSEEL only)
- Breton (Independent Study with Kevin Rottet)
- Greek, Modern
- Icelandic (Modern), Independent Study with Dr. Rex Sprouse
- Latvian (BALSSI only)
- Lithuanian (BALSSI only)
- Macedonian (SWSEEL only)
- Slovene (SWSEEL only)
- Swedish (Independent Study with Gergana May)
- Welsh (Independent Study with Kevin Rottet)
- European Conversation Hours
For additional language events, including film series, see the EURO IU Events Calendar.
- EURO Film Library
The EURO office houses over 600 feature films and 50 documentaries as well as book titles and periodicals, all covering European topics. We lend materials to teachers and may be able to acquire additional resources at your request. Browse our online list of library film holdings.
- African Studies Program
- Department of Central Eurasian Studies
- Department of Classical Studies
- Department of Comparative Literature
- Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures
- Department of French and Italian
- Department of Germanic Studies
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Near Eastern Languages and Cultures
- Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
- Department of Spanish and Portuguese
- India Studies Program
In addition to language courses during the fall and spring semesters, IU offers many intensive summer language classes. IU annually sponsors the Summer Workshop in Slavic, East European and Central Asian Languages (SWSEEL), and regularly hosts the Baltic Studies Summer Institute (BALSSI), and the Summer Dutch Institute (SDI). The exact list of languages offered at these summer institutes changes yearly, as do the locations for BALSSI and SDI. Please check their websites for more information.