Expand your knowledge of the region and receive a credential as a certified European Studies expert!
Students must complete 24 credit hours of coursework, at least 9 credit hours must be at the 300 or 400 level and a minimum of 15 credit hours in the College of Arts and Sciences, to be distributed as follows:
1. Foundation Courses (6 credits):
- Two foundation courses from Political Science, Geography, History, and International Studies
2. Regional Focus (6 credits):
- Two courses with a regional focus on the same sub-region of Europe, such as WEUR-W405 and W406
- One must be an approved S&H course and one must be an approved A&H course
3. Electives (9 credits):
- Three elective courses in European Studies
4. Capstone Course:
- Completion of a capstone seminar
Students seeking information about the certificate and its requirements or enrollment should contact the European Studies office.