Chinese Pedagogy Institute
Participants were responsible for all travel costs, as well as the $100 registration fee (due after being accepted). The institute covered all other expenses:
- All lodging and meals from the evening of Sunday, June 15 to the morning of Thursday, July 3,
- Curriculur materials, and
- Four to five graduate credit hours (total value $1,076 to $1,345), which will count towards certification.
2008 Eligibility Requirements
- For non-native speakers of Chinese: Minimum of intermediate-high proficiency in reading and writing and advanced-low proficiency in speaking and listening.
- Permanent resident or citizen of the United States.
- Currently practicing middle or high school teacher of Chinese or planning to be practicing by Fall 2010.
- Accepted applicants who were practicing Chinese teachers (at any level) were required to send in a video clip (at least 10 minutes in length) showing them accomplishing one instructional objective, such as teaching a grammar point or cultural concept.
- All participants were required to bring a laptop. Participants who did not own a laptop borrowed or rented one for the duration of the institute.