For Graduate Students
Conference Travel Grants, 2012-13
IU graduate students traveling to academic conferences to present East Asia-related papers may apply for an EASC Conference Travel Grant.
- Maximum award amount is $300 and is meant to supplement other sources of support, which applicants are strongly encouraged to seek.
- The College Graduate Office and the Graduate and Professional Student Organization (GPSO) also have conference travel funds for graduate students. Applying for these and other travel funds strengthens the EASC Conference Travel Grant application.
- Each graduate student is eligible to receive only one travel grant per 12-month period (October to September).
- September 30, 2012 (for travel from October 2012 to January 2013)
- February 1, 2013 (for travel from February to May 2013)
Applications must include:
- Application form (PDF)
- One-page abstract of conference paper
- One-page CV (including G.P.A. of graduate work at IU)
- Letter of acceptance or copy of the conference program
- Letter of support from your faculty advisor that includes an assessment of the significance of the conference in a) your field and b) your career
Please submit applications to:
East Asian Studies Center
Memorial Hall West 207
1021 E. Third Street
Bloomington IN 47405-7005
easc [at] indiana [dot] edu (email@example.com)
Please note: Applications must be submitted prior to undertaking travel. It is possible to receive an award after the trip has been completed as long as the application was submitted before the trip began. The EASC executive committee, which makes all final funding decisions, meets in October to review fall applications for October–January travel, in February to review spring applications for February–May travel, and in May to review summer applications for June–September travel.