Skip to main content
Indiana University Bloomington

Images of China, Japan, Korea

Special Credit « EALC Language Programs

EALC Policy on Special Credit

Special credit:
Student can earn a maximum of two semesters of special credit for foreign language. In order to earn special credit in Chinese, Japanese or Korean, students must take validating course which must be their first IUB course in that language.  A transfer course may not be used as a validating course. To determine which validating course to take, student must take the online placement test at for Chinese and Japanese, and for Korean. 

Please Note:

Your placement test results will be sent directly to advisors. For the test results and specific advising questions regarding how your special credits affect your academic career, please contact your academic program advisor.