The IU Contemporary Dance Program is always making headlines. Faculty, current students, and alums, are always in the spotlight. Follow the links on the left to view all events.
- Hammer & Nail 2013. April 9-10, 6:30 & 8:30 pm, Buskirk-Chumley Theater, Bloomington, Indiana. This concert features the work of the Contemporary Dance program students. Dances are choreographed and danced by students only. Each night will have two separate one-hour shows starting at 6:30 and 8:30 pm. Shows explore themes such as playfulness and mental illiness. This event is free however cash or non-perishable food donations are collected to benefit the Hoosier Hills Community Food Bank. For more information and pictures about Hammer & Nail, visit the following sites: Photos, Hammer and Nail 2013 from Inside IU Bloomington; Art at IU article; and Facebook Event Page: Hammer and Nail.
- Dance for Parkinson's Classes Featured in Bloomington Newspaper. The Dance for Parkinson's classes, part of IU Contemporary Dance Program's first Living Dance Community Partnership, was featured in an excellent article in the local Bloomington, Indiana paper the Herald-Times. Download and read the entire article in PDF format.
- Dancing for Difference. Watch the photo story made by Glory Sheely highlighting the benefits of Dance for PD®.
- IU Contemporary Dance Announces First Living Dance Community Partnership – Dance for Parkinson’s Starts September 25! The Dance for PD® helps people with Parkinson's Disease explore movement and empower themselves. Read more about this event here.
- Indiana University Dance Theatre Celebrates 85th Anniversary. On November 14, 2012, the Indiana University Dance Theatre will celebrate 85 years! Join the talented dancers and artists in this free program.
- Shea's "The Nature of Human" Showcased at Society for Electro-Acoustic Music conference. "The Nature of Human" is a work for six dancers with video and computer music featuring choreography and composition Elizabeth Shea and Jeffrey Hass. Shea and Hass are Institute for Digital Arts and Humanities Fellows. Read more.
- The Indiana University Dance Theatre
& The Student Composer Association Present Hammer & Nail - April 13-14, 2012, The Buskirk-Chumley Theatre, 114 E. Kirkwood Ave., Bloomington, IN. Two Programs: Program A, 6:30 pm; Program B 8:30 pm. Admission is Free. Bring a non-perishable food item or make a cash contribution to DINE-DANCE-DONATE, a community food drive benefitting the Hoosier Hills Community Food Bank. Download Hammer & Nail PDF poster file here.
- Contemporary Voices Showcase "Here & Now" of Modern Dance - The performance Contemporary Voices will feature by guest artists Laurie Eisenhower, Larry Keigwin, Nicole Wolcott and Ben Munisteri, with new dances by Indiana University faculty members. Read more.
- The IU Contemporary Dance program will be performing several times during ArtsWeek 2012