Our consultants are available to assist departments, schools, and programs with a variety of instructional and curricular issues. We have collaborated with many departments to design faculty meetings, retreats, and working group sessions. We are also able to develop workshops specifically tailored for your department's needs. Here are some of the requests we have met:
- Can you meet with our curriculum planning committee?
- Can you help us develop a plan for assessing student learning outcomes in our major?
- Our teaching evaluation committee has some questions. Can you help?
- Could you meet with a group of faculty to devise a plan for peer evaluation of teaching?
- How should we adapt our teaching for computer lab classes?
- Can you help us develop plans for taking some of our courses online?
- We'd like our faculty to learn more about teaching with X [Oncourse Tests and Surveys, clickers, plagiarism detection tools, etc.].
- Our AIs have had a lot of teaching experience, can you lead a session for them about advanced techniques for discussion sections?
- Could we design a lesson to help our AIs better meet the needs of students in our [science] labs?
- Can you help us train our AIs to be more effective and consistent graders of written assignments?
Contact us if we can help with any of your group’s or department’s needs.