The intermediate Turkish course further develops and expands the communicative skills, grammar and vocabulary skills that students acquired in the first-year course. All basic language skills, listening, speaking, reading and writing will be included in class activities and in homework. Special attention will be paid to building up a richer vocabulary, to develop a good competence of vernacular language, and to improve your reading skills. Since culture is integrated with language, various cultural expressions such as recordings, media-film, handcrafts, and cartoons will also be used in a variety of contexts.
Required Texts and Materials
- A.Ü TÖMER, Hitit- Yabancılar İçin Türkçe. 2002
- A.Ü TÖMER, Hitit -Yabancılar İçin Türkçe (drill book). 2002
- A.Ü TÖMER, Türkçe- İngilizce Dizin(vocabulary book). 2002
Suggested Texts and Materials
- Redhouse Büyük El Sözlüğü (The Larger Redhouse Portable Dictionary), Redhouse Yayınevi, Istanbul 1999
- Robert Underhill.1976. Turkish Grammar. The MIT Press,
- Assignment include: daily homework, keeping a diary, weekly compositions, quizzes, tests, a midterm and a final exam.
- Class participation constitutes a large part of the grade.