- Central Eurasian Studies >> Courses >> Course List
- Intermediate Pashto I
- CEUS-T 253/653
This is a continuation of Introductory Pashto II.
Required texts and materials: Materials developed by the instructor.
Language learning requires greater participation in the classroom than most other subjects in the university curriculum. Students are expected to attend ALL classes. Students are allowed to miss three instructional hours during the course of one semester without grade penalty. Absences beyond three instructional hours will result in grade penalty of 2% per day. Additional absences can be considered by the department only with proper documentation of attested medical needs for which a doctor's note will be required, and with the possibility of a tutoring requirement to preclude class disruption for other students.
- Auditing: The Department of Central Eurasian Studies does not allow auditing of language courses. Any inquiries must be addressed to CEUS Chair directly.
- Enrollment: Students enrolled in CEUS language courses obtain a grade at the end of each semester. The Department does not offer pass/fail options.
- Incompletes are not given in CEUS language courses. Any inquiries must be addressed to CEUS Chair directly.
- If you are a native speaker of a language or you are a citizen of a country where the language is commonly spoken, or you graduated from a high school in that country, Indiana University and departmental policy may (or may not) prohibit you from enrollment in this language class. Please direct all related questions to the Department of Central Eurasian Studies, Goodbody Hall 157, 855-2233, or firstname.lastname@example.org