- Central Eurasian Studies >> Courses >> Course List
- Intermediate Uyghur
- Catalog Number CEUS-U 215/520
This is an 8-week intensive summer course aims to teach:
- Intermediate Uygur grammar and pronunciation.
- Intermediate level speaking, listening, reading, and
- Facility in reading and writing in New Arabic, old
Arabic, Cyrillic and Latin alphabets.
- Uygur literature, art, and culture.
- General introduction to life of the Uyghur people.
The language of instruction will be Uygur. All the texts
and dialogues are accompanied with minidisk records from native Uygurs.
Authentic reading materials will be included from newspaper clips, books,
journals and other publications.