Follow these steps to anonymously rate your instructor(s) and course.
Instructors will not know how you respond as an individual.
Summary data will be used only by your instructor(s)
as part of a course quality management system.
These instructions also apply if you are using QuizSite for other course activities
(such as homework, surveys, practice quizzes and tests)
though your answers might not be anonymous in those activities.
For More Information
Also see the example screens
and frequently asked questions.
Start a Web browser such as
version 4 or higher, or
version 4 or higher,
by double-clicking their icon on the desktop.
Go to the BEST Home Page at
and click the QuizSite Students button.
Or click on File and Open and type in the following URL
(or click on the link now): https://www.indiana.edu/~best/cgi-bin/quizsite/students.pl
When prompted, log in with your IU Network ID and password and click the OK button to continue. Refer to the Logging in to BEST Web Applications document for information about the login procedure.
If you have trouble logging in,
- Make sure that you are using your correct
IU Network ID
(username and password).
- Ask your instructor to check that your username appears in the
QuizSite roster for the course and is spelled correctly.
You will see a screen labeled Choose Course
and a list of classes to choose from that looks something like this:
- If the course you want is not shown, select it from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the "Proceed" button.
- Place your mouse pointer on the radio button next to
Do a Current Activity and click on it.
- Place your mouse pointer on "EVAL" and click on it.
This line will then change to inverse video
(white text on a dark background).
(Note that instead of "EVAL" you might see different name for the evaluation).
- Click on the "Proceed" button.
- Read the introductory statement that appears on the screen if it exists.
- Then answer each question.
- Use the scroll bar on the right side of the screen to view additional questions.
- You can scroll up and down and change your answers as often as you wish.
- When you have finished answering the questions,
click on the Proceed button at the end of the evaluation.
After you submit your answers,
you will receive a confirmation that your answers have been received, stored,
and will remain anonymous. This is the end of your evaluation.
You should then exit your browser
by choosing Exit from the main File menu.
Thank you for submitting a course evaluation for your instructors!
You might have the following additional options for QuizSite activities:
- If you have just completed an activity that allows more than one attempt,
you can click the Back button in your browser, make changes to your activity,
and submit it again.
- If you are taking a course that uses QuizSite for more than one activity,
you can click the Back button twice to select a new activity.
- If you are using QuizSite for more than one course,
you can click the Back button three times to select a new course.
You can also go back to the Activity Selection screen,
select Show My Scores, and click
On the Show Scores screen,
you will see one row per activity, with the following columns:
The name of the activity (which can be a course evaluation, quiz, survey, homework, etc.).
- Attempts Allowed:
The number of times you can submit the activity.
Course evaluations normally allow only one attempt.
- Scoring Method:
A procedure to determine how your Final Score is calculated.
It will be one of the following methods:
The first score for that activity is counted as the final score.
The highest (maximum) score for that activity is counted as the final score.
The final score is the average of all your scores for that activity.
The final score is the average of the first score and the maximum score.
- Final Score:
A computed score based on the Scoring Method.
One score is shown for each time you submit an activity. Scores are shown as percentages.
Activities that do not have any scored questions, such as surveys and course evaluations,
will show a score of 0.00, and the final score will be shown as N/A.
If you are reading this over the web, you can
go to the QuizSite Student Login now.
Otherwise please open the URL mentioned in step 2.