QuizSite enables instructors to administer tests, quizzes, study
questions, surveys, and course evaluations over the Web. Features include
- Support for multiple question types, including multiple-choice, fill-in, numeric, and essay
- Automatic scoring for all but essay-type items
- Ability to draw questions randomly from a pool of items you create
- Control over when the activity will be available, how it will be scored,
and what kind of feedback students receive
- Ability to create anonymous activities for surveys and evaluations
- A variety of reports automatically generated for the instructor
To use QuizSite as an instructor, perform the following steps
for each of your courses that will use QuizSite:
- Log in with your Network ID.
- Create an account by entering the course number.
- Provide authoring rights to any associate instructors.
- Obtain class roster files
for each class section, edit them using a text editor,
combine them into one file,
and upload them to QuizSite.
- Create question items
in one or more text files, and upload the files.
- Define activities,
such as quizzes or surveys,
which are a group of question items
that students can complete at times you specify.
- Provide students with instructions such as
the URL (or a link on your course web page) for the QuizSite
and the times when the activities will be available.
- When the activities are completed, check the
and print them or save to a file.
For a demonstration of the most important features of QuizSite,
see the example screens for
QuizSite was created in 1996 by Adrian German at the
IU Bloomington Evaluation Services and Testing,
Indiana University Bloomington,
with the generous contribution of IU faculty.