- Creating a Course Account
- Selecting a Course
- Displaying Course Statistics
- Deleting Courses
After you log in to Post'Em, you will see one of two course screens:
- If you are not listed as an instructor of any course,
you will see the Create Course screen.
- If you are listed as an instructor of one or more courses,
you will see the Select Course screen.
1. Creating a Course Account
Course numbers at Indiana University
consist of a letter followed by three digits.
When entering course numbers, case does not matter. (A123 is the same as a123.)
Section numbers consist of four digits, e.g. 4567.
Note that a section number is required to create an account.
If you have a large class with many sections,
you might want to use 0000 or 9999 for the section number.
Type in the course and section number and click OK.
If an account already exists for this course and section number,
- If you are one of the instructors authorized to use this account,
you will see the Main Menu.
- Otherwise, you will see a screen indicating that you are not authorized
to use this account.
You will see the username(s) of people who do have authorization.
If you think you should have authorization but do not, you should contact those people.
They may have used the same course and section number in a previous semester
and may be willing to delete the account so that you can create a new one.
If an account does not yet exist for this course and section number,
- Click the Create button
to confirm that you are authorized to create the account.
- Only the instructor of this account or an authorized Associate Instructor
or secretary should create the account.
2. Selecting a Course
Select the course and section number from the Course-Section menu
and click OK.
You will then see the Main Menu.
3. Displaying Course Statistics
- Click the "Display All Courses" radio button and click OK.
You will see a table listing one course per row, and the following columns:
- the course number, e.g. A123
- the four-digit section number, e.g. 4567
- usernames of all instructors, AIs and secretaries who are authorized
to upload, display and remove student scores from this account
- the number of students (rows) in the scores file;
blank if there is no scores file
- Activity Scores
- the number of activity scores per student (columns) in the scores file;
blank if there is no scores file
- Layout Size (bytes)
- the size of the layout file, in bytes; blank if there is no layout file
- Last Changed
- the date the scores file was last uploaded,
or the date the instructors list was last changed if there is no scores file
- Accesses Since date
- the number of times students have checked their scores for this section
since the date that access logging started (updated daily)
- Different Students
- the number of different students who have checked their scores
- Months Not Used
- the number of months since the Last Changed date, rounded down;
30 days is considered one month
- Courses that are older than 12 months old are highlighted in red
and should probably be deleted.
- Courses that are younger than 6 months are highlighted in green.
- Courses that are 6 to 12 months old are highlighted in yellow.
- To work with a course, click its radio button in the Select column
and click the Select button.
4. Deleting Courses
An account with an empty scores file takes up almost no disk space.
If you would like an old course account to be hidden,
you can upload scores file containing nothing but a single blank space
so that students no longer see old scores.
If you would like course accounts to be deleted entirely,
- Click the radio button next to "Delete Accounts" and click OK.
You will see a list of courses as described in the
display section above.
- Select one or more courses by clicking the check box next to each course
in the Delete column, and click the Delete button.
You will see a list of the courses you selected for deletion.
- Check to make sure you have selected the correct courses.
- Make sure you have backup copies of the scores and layout files
for each of these courses.
- Click the Delete button to permanently remove these courses.