- Frequently Asked Questions on Graduate Admission
- Questions about the graduate program: Dr. Stacie King, Director of Graduate Studies
- Questions about the admissions process: Debra Wilkerson, Graduate Secretary
- Department Main Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-855-1041
- IU Graduate Application form (online or paper)
- Three letters of recommendation
- 300 to 500 word Statement of Purpose
- One copy of the official transcripts of all previous college and university work, documenting each course taken and all degrees awarded.
- US Citizens and Permanent Residents who are submitting a transcript from another country (including Canada) must fill out a supplementary application form. The applicant must send the form and the original transcript to the Office of International Admissions (contact below).
- US Citizens and Permanent Residents must have ETS send official GRE test scores. The codes are 1324 for Indiana University and 1701 for the Department of Anthropology. International students do not have to submit GRE test scores.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, proof of English proficiency is required by the Indiana University Graduate School. TOEFL scores are most commonly used (see FAQ for more specifics on English language requirements).
Graduate applicants who are US citizens or permanent residents should have any relevant paper application materials (i.e. transcripts) mailed to the department. The deadline for receiving all application materials from domestic applicants is December 1st.
Department of Anthropology
701 E. Kirkwood Ave, SB 130
Bloomington, IN 47405
In addition to the above requirements, international students must complete forms as instructed by the Office of International Admissions.
International graduate applicants should submit their online applications and mail their transcripts and paper materials by December 1st to the Office of International Admissions.
Office of International Services, International Admissions
400 E. Seventh Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Email for Applicants and Prospective Students: email
Email for Currently Enrolled Students: email